Invasion Scholarship Application 2017-2018
Purpose: Provide financial support for USAV
/Invasion Volleyball Club, Inc. junior volleyball players who are disadvantaged or experiencing financial hardship.
– Select and be accepted by Invasion Volleyball Club, Inc. to train with and compete on an Invasion team
– Must be enrolled and be attending school (Public, Private or Homeschool)
– Must be current and in good standing on all player fee payments dues for the current 2017-2018 and previous season(s).
– Must be able to display a financial hardship in paying full team fees.
Criteria: Recipients selected by an independent panel by November 14th using a standard selection protocol that evaluates.
– Financial need
– Unusual personal or family circumstances
– Academic Performance
– Leadership and/or participation in school and community activities
Application: The application process will remain confidential and your identity will only be available to staff involved in the process of determining eligibility. It is very important that the application is completely filled out and all supporting documentation be provided. Incomplete applications can adversely impact a student/athlete’s selection.
– Completed Application form
– 2016 Federal Income Tax Return of your parent(s)/guardian(s) (Form 1040)
– Most Recent School Grade Report or Transcript
Guidelines: Scholarships will be awarded for the 2017-2018 season and disbursed as a credit to the player’s Player Fee account with Invasion Volleyball Club, Inc.
Amount: The scholarship amount will be $500. Only one scholarship per player.
Deadline: October 15, 2017
To Apply: Submit completed application form and email necessary documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Renewal: The scholarship is not automatically renewable. The reapplication process will be adjusted on an annual basis as needed. Scholarships awarded and amounts may change in the future depending upon fundraising activities.
OR LATE APPLICATIONS WILL
Additional Sources of Income
Are there additional sources of income available to the household (not reported on form 1040)? For example, Child support and Alimony Payments, Government Assistance Provided (food stamps, WIC, housing assistance, etc), Other forms of Assistance (regular financial help from family members, living with another adult not listed on the tax forms who helps with housing or bills, etc) ?
MEMORADUM OF UNDERSTANDING
By electronically signing this contract, you are certifying that all the information contained this application and supporting documents is true, complete and accurate to the best of you knowledge.
By filling in the below field with the parent/guardian’s initials and childs date of birth (numbers only), this serves as your electronic signature and completes this contract.
Example of signature for Jane Marie Doe with child whose date of birth is April, 1st, 2010.
YOU MUST SEE THE THANK YOU MESSAGE IN ORDER TO CONFIRM THAT YOUR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION HAS BEEN PROCESSED.
Other Materials required:
- First two pages of your parent/guardian 2016 Federal Income Tax Return Form 1040 (must be from the person who claims you as dependent)
- Copy of your most recent Report Card or School Transcript
- Copies of any additional sources of income